Back in 2013 i sat the VCAP-DCA exam (actually twice, the first time the exam failed to load and Pearson VUE support were not able to help…) and along with what most others will say it’s a tough but for some strange reason fun exam (ok, at the time you probably won’t think its fun, but afterwards you may think otherwise).
As for the exam itself, you need to make sure prior to going into the exam you can do everything on the exam blueprint as many different ways as possible, who knows what condition your lab will be in and which way will be fastest to complete the task at hand. Saying that use the tool you are comfortable with, saving a few seconds here and there will take the pressure off during the time consuming tasks.
So if your planning on taking this exam (VDCA510) I’d highly recommend the following resources:
- Exam Blueprint
- Optimize & Scale Course
- LAB! < Spend as much time as you can in your Lab going over the blueprint
- Chris Whal’s study sheet wahlnetwork.com/2012/07/02/the-vcap5-dca-study-sheet/
- Study guide by Samir Roshan thinkingloudoncloud.com/certification/vcap5-dca-study-guide/
- TheFogLight VCAP5-DCA Objectives thefoglite.com/vcap-dca5-objective/
- Jason Langer & Josh Cohen’s Objective series virtuallanger.com/vcap-dca-5/
- vBrownBag Podcasts on iTunes